Welcome to my mini home and a glimpse into my life with 9 children. 7 of my children are 5 and under so we never have a dull moment in this "establishment". My husband and I had a totally different idea of what life for us was going to be like. When I met my future husband we had the "how many kids do you want talk". I told him I wanted 8 childrena and he said no way. We negotioated to 3 children. Little did we know that God had different and bigger plans. Sit back, relax, and enjoy my circus of a life :)

Monday, January 31, 2011

Homeschooling

I LOVE homeschooling my children. It is so much fun being able to see them learn. Another reason why I love to home school, is the fact that I couldn't stand being away from my children ALL day, let alone even for a few hours. I love being with my children. I wouldn't like sending them away to the wolves, IMO. Not knowing what kid is going to come along and teach then something they aren't ready to hear or learn. They are my babies and I don't want another person training my children. I chose to have these children and if I want kids, it just seems irrelevant to want to send them away for 12 hrs. a day, or even the thought of not wanting to be around them. I love being around them, they are my babies. Of course they may annoy me, or do things that are not appropriate, but that still does not warrant me to want to send them off to someone else. NO WAY!!! When we have an amazing homeschooling state and we can home school without interference with the government, why wouldn't I want to jump at that privilege. So you say, It is not for me. Why not? God granted you these babies and you can do anything through Christ who strengthens you. I am not saying that you must home school because I do, but I am just showing the other side and another option. If I can home school 6 special needs children then anyone can home school their children.

Public schools and even private schools are just not like they used to be. We should be able to freely voice and stand for Christ in Public schools, but you know, that is slowly, er, quickly diminishing. Do you want to be apart of that when the bible strictly tells to be set apart?  I get to freely teach my children all day every day about the things of God. I get to train my children in Godly character traits that many people lack these days. My children are held at a very high standard for their conduct towards others and their respect towards family, friends and others. I would not be able to do that by sending my children to school everyday. One Sunday is just not enough to instill Godly Character in children. Children need a constant reminder on a DAILY basis the correct biblical conduct of their behavior. I get to work diligently with them daily. We must hold high standards for our children in this day and age if we want our children to make a stand for Christ as they age into their teen and adult years. The world is so corrupt and it isn't going to get better. The bible instructs us to train up our children in the way they should go, and when he is old he will not depart form it. Really, can your child's school teacher really teach them Godly character traits. No they cannot. It is our responsibility as parents. No body Else's.

No comments: