Welcome to my mini home and a glimpse into my life with 9 children. 7 of my children are 5 and under so we never have a dull moment in this "establishment". My husband and I had a totally different idea of what life for us was going to be like. When I met my future husband we had the "how many kids do you want talk". I told him I wanted 8 childrena and he said no way. We negotioated to 3 children. Little did we know that God had different and bigger plans. Sit back, relax, and enjoy my circus of a life :)

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Chosen Healer




In my next several posts I will be introducing my precious blessings. Today we will begin with Corey.

     I labeled this post Chosen Healer because Corey means Chosen and his middle name means Healer. We thought this would be a great name for him. We chose this name because we beleive God chose him to be our precious gift and he chose us to be Corey's mommy and daddy. We chose Healer because we believe that God healed Corey of many harsh and brutal things from his past.
     Corey is a very affectionate and sweet little man. He is 5 1/2 years old. Our little Corey loves babies. He loves to hold them, gently touch their sweet little faces and just stare at them and smile at them. He loves to hold them and play endlessly with them. As a mom this makes me smile from ear to ear. I know that when my Corey is a grown man and perhaps a father, his gentle disposition will be a great character trait to his children. Corey has a very strong bond with Nicholas who has down syndrome (more on when it is his post day :) ) Corey attached to him right away. I am not sure if he felt or knew that he was just a little different. He always is asking Nick if he is o.k. or tickling him to make him laugh. He enjoys bringing Nicholas toys to play with and most of all his most joyous time of the day is when he gets to get him out of his crib in the morning. Corey gets this sparkle in his eye most every morning because he just can't wait to get his little hands on Nicholas. I never put this responsibilty on Corey he just chose to do it on his own, and I let him because it brings joy on his sweet and handsome face.
      But one would never know the trauma he went through in his first year of life. I am not even sure of everything he went through, I can only specualate (and I think I might be quite accurate) of the trauma this little man went through. This cute little blessing came to us when he was one year and two weeks old. I must say it took us a couple of weeks to bond with him but that was soon to be the end of that hurdle when we saw the joy that he brought to us and our family. We were never told of some of the things that he went through and I later read after parental rights were terminated and we got all of the records of his case. What I was about to read that day was horrifying and I will spare most of the details but one can speculate like I did what acctually may have went on. This precious little guy was being thrown form home to home and at times with complete strangers while his birth mom did whatever she did. Some times he was being sold for drugs. This is just so disturbing to me to not know everything my little man went through. Of course maybe I really don't want to know. But what I do know is that my precious blessing is safe with us and I will lay my life down for him to make sure that he will always be safe in this home.
     I am just so thankful for my precious son. He is so gentle and caring. I know that God kept him safe while he was being thrown to wolves. I know God has a perfect path set before Corey and I just thank God that his life was spared. I know Corey will be a great Man of God someday and I know that he will make a honorable husband to that one special lady God has chosen for him. Thank you Lord for chosing Mark and I to be his earthly parents.

My Prayer:

Dear Father,
I pray that your precious son Corey will grow up to be an honorable Man of God. I pray for wisdom that you show us how to mold him and guide him to walk with you every day of his life. Show me how to gently correct him where correction is needed. Show me the right words to speak to him now and when he is a teenager. Lord my hearts cry is that I do nat fail as a mom and that I guide him into your sweet presense and that he chooses for himself to fight the good fight of faith. In Jesus name Amen.

No comments: